Thursday, February 18, 2010

I thought it was luck, turns out it was hard work!

Just this evening, after having talked to the great guys at Saatchi DGS, I spoke to someone on the phone and talked about where , both myself and The Wine Vault, were at. I talked casually about how we were lucky about the breaks we had received and how everyone had taken us under their wing and helped promote us. The person at the other end of the phone said "Yeah sure you had luck on your side but it wasn't luck that made you work 18hrs per day, that made you make a video everyday, that plugs away on Twitter, Facebook and other Social Media tools, but it was hard work and grafting".

This opened my eyes for the first time about what I had been, and will continue to do. I have worked hard and now the rewards, from the seeds sown earlier, are starting to appear. So I would like to thank everyone who has helped me on this incredible journey and just to let yet know it is truly appreciated.

Posted via web from Jayson Bryant

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Someone a lot smarter than me once said, "the harder I work the luckier I get".

Jayson Bryant said...

Never a truer word said, I have for a long time believed that what I was achieving was all down to good fortune and luck but then people started asking me how many hours I worked and soon became clear that I had been working hard.