Friday, February 26, 2010

Chinese New Year and My New Year!

I love this time of year! I love the smell of Summer, the colour of the sky, the purity of the stars at night, the lights in Albert Park. Ah yeah, the lights in Albert Park, the Chinese New Year where money is spent on decoration, decorations that have some longevity unlike our celebration which goes up in smoke after 15 minutes.

To me the Lantern Festival, held in Albert Park each Chinese New Year, represents the difference in our cultures. We are the instant gratification culture whereas the Chinese are simply quite happy to have a park dedicated to lanterns, music, and food where everyone gathers for food, laughter, and community.

I wish we had such an event to mark our New Year, where it wasn't all about getting pissed but celebrated life!

Posted via web from Jayson Bryant

No comments: