Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Lost iPhone leads to new ideas!

On arrival of the red eye flight from Auckland to Sydney then onto the hotel I managed to lose my iphone!
Everywhere I searched failed to prove fruitful and just made me realise that I'd rather lose my wallet than a little piece of black Apple technology.

People asked had I signed up for MobileMe, was the phone charged, taken the taxi number, phoned the number, got insurance etc.This probing led me to give consideration as to what would have made this loss more palatable.

  • Firstly make sure you back up your phone daily
  • Sign up for MobileMe from Apple because of the geolocation finder that's part of the program. http://www.apple.com/mobileme/
  • Always charge your phone so you can call it when lost.
  • Have phone insurance (fortunately I had this!)
  • Always take the taxi receipt when offered!

These are just some of the lessons that I have learnt from my recent experience and warn others to make sure you're covered as I now know my life is on that damn phone!

Posted via web from Jayson Bryant

No comments: